Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thinking The Certain Way -excerpts from The Science of Getting Rich - by Wallace D. Wattles

I'd like this blog to be a tool to remind us about "Thinking in the Certain Way".

Wattles says, You must form a clear and definite mental picture of what you want.

The clear and definite part can be a challenge for a lot of us. I find it a challenge because I want so many things I'm not sure what to focus on first. Some of us never form a clear and definite mental picture of our heart's desire because we don't really believe that we can actually acquire or achieve what we want.

Many people....have themselves only a vague and misty concept of the things they want to become, to do, or to have. It is not enough that you should have a general desire for wealth "to do good with". Everybody has that desire. It is not enough that you should have a wish to travel, see things, live more, etc. Everybody has those desires also. If you were going to send a telegram message to a friend, you would not send the letters of the alphabet in their order and let him construct the message for himself.
(Ha-Ha - I love this analogy!)

Nor would you take words at random from the dictionary. You would construct a coherent sentence,...YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, AND BE DEFINITE.

The above statements really struck home with me. I have lived my life both ways. At times I have been focused and dedicated to something important and achieved my desire even when I didn't know where the resources would come from. I have also lived my life randomly, relinquishing control of my thoughts and attitude and 'hoping' for good things to come my way. I call that "Living the UNcertain way". These were the times I would become depressed and irritable and generally gained weight.

Watching the DVD of The Secret was a big slap in the face for me to WAKE-UP! I heard, "Get Focused and Move Your Feet".

Thinking the Certain Way isn't about sitting in a dim room, surrounded by candles, chanting "money, money, money" and having a million dollars pop out of your third eye.

Wattles goes on to say, Behind your clear vision must be the purpose to realize, it, to bring it into tangible expression, and, behind this purpose must be an invincible and unwavering faith that the thing is already yours - that it is at hand and you have only to take possession of it.

"Whatsoever, things ye ask for when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."


This is Thinking the Certain Way... see things you want as if they were actually around you all the time; see yourself as owning and using them.... Hold to this mental ownership; do not waver for an instant in the faith that it is real.

There's our challenge, not to get distracted by external 'realities'. We need to hold onto our mental visions of how we want that external reality to change. Learning to Think the Certain Way is a process. It takes practice and constant reminding. We're building a new set mind muscles that will literally change our World!

Let this space be a place we can gather to remind ourselves how to Think and Live The Certain Way.

To Your Success,
Schelli

No comments: